"Hi everyone! Sorry I'm behind in schedule. But at least I'm here now! OK, lets talk about our first day. Oh yea, I should of mention this earlier but I didn't but here it is: Lily Deng and Emily Deng are with us (ZT Deng and XQ or Cathy Qian.) traveling to California and Hawaii and back to California and California has a 2 hour difference backwards so if it was 10PM in Huntsville then it would be 8PM in California. OK, continue. We ate our free breakfast at our hotel, and then we went to a college! Hooray! Kind of. We went to UC (University of California) Standford. It was, ehh..., normal and big. I was really tired when they finished the talk because it was boring to me :D. They had a tour of the campus after the talk but like I said, I was really tired. I never knew just sitting on a seat bored for 45 minutes could make you tired. Well, maybe I did but I always forget. Instead of going with them I stayed with my mom and then went to a cafeteria. It was called The Cafe. Sounds kinda boring. But since I already said 2 things are boring, you probrably think to me everything is boring. But I mean, The Cafe is too regular to be a name, no offense. But there I bought a Dr. Pepper and gummy worms and my mom bought a mocha (I think). We sat outside for like 10 minutes, and then we decided to go to the car. Oh yea, forgot to tell you again. My dad parked somewhere so we can go to the "talk" room and then he got back into the car and then drove somewhere else in the campus where there is no parking fee and then he gave us the key. Because of that we decided to see if we can find the car and then rest/sleep in it. We walked to some places, pressing the "unlock" key multiple times every second. We walked around for about maybe 20 minutes and then we gave up and walked back. We noticed that a lot of students use bicycles to travel to their destination. I wondered if they could get stolen, but when I got closer I saw that there was a lock on it so nope. Mainly the rest of the time we went into the rest area/ and then rested there. Then after about 30 minutes we heard that the tour group doesn't stop back there where we were so we moved outside and then rested on a bench. We waited more, and then after a long time we saw Kevin and HQ. HQ showed us where the car is, and then we went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. I forgot what it was called, sorry.
Then we went to Pier 39, the tourist pier. They had their own garage for tourists, and they had a walkway to the pier above the road because the road stands in its way. We first saw I think pinwheel toys. When its windy the wheels, or whatever the part its suppose to move, spins. Its like a big different version of a pinwheel. That was the stuff on display. We looked INSIDE the store to see how much it was and, it was expensive to me. The bus one costs $40 or $49.99. We walked back outside and we saw a few street performers. Before I tell you about First was a skeleton, if you give him tips he lets you take a picture with the skeleton. There was also like, a robot. He had some regular shaped pinwheels colored silvered attached to his silver coat. He was silvered-colered all the way from his head to his toe. He also had a honker to honk at people. He standed still until a kid came near him and then after when the kid stared at him he scared him. OK I know thats a bad defenision but, yea. Then we walked and shopped the rest of the place. I'm not telling you everything we saw but I'm going to tell you some cool stuff and stuff we bought: There was this Chocolate Factory store and then inside XQ/Cathy found edible crickets and worms. She first bought the worms and showed it to me, and then we went back in there and we saw the crickets. The crickets weren't scary because they were kinda chopped apart. There was also baby scorpion in a lolipop and the lolipop was transparent so thats how we saw it. At first I didn't think it was a scorpion but after I saw the tail and claws I noticed it was. XQ/Cathy bought the worms, BTW ( By The Way ). Another cool thing was that there was a store where they had clams ( I think, like the 5th time) that had pearls in it. Each one had multiple pearls in it. And the store we bought from was a store I didn't know what it was called but my dad bought peanuts from that store. No, its not the peanut store. After that we went to China Town, about 3 miles away but 10-20 minutes because of all the turns and traffic lights. We went to a Chinese restuarant again called IDONTKNOWIFORGOTSORRY. Then we went to the airport, and changed our car rental from Thrifty to Enterprise. Then we went home to sleep."
No comments:
Post a Comment