I'm so behind! Today is Sunday! So bee-hind. I ate nothing for breakfast yet. Then we left to go to Columbia University. It was cold. I wore my jacket I MEAN SWEATER (It makes you sweat, that's why it's call a sweat-er), but I was still cold. When we were close to the subway entrance I didn't want to go because I was too cold. I should have got my leather jacket. But I didn't. So I didn't go visit the college. We walked 3 blocks back home. I didn't eat so I was hungry. I WANT A CHEEZBURGER! So we went to a place in the streets and bought a CHEEZBURGER. Good thing it wasn't that cat. Wait, it can't be that cat. I swallowed it by accident. There's no second. There may be a look-alike, but there's never going to be a same one. I enjoyed it, and started writing my blog. I was like on either the first day, second day, or third. No further than that. I've used almost 10 lines just for breakfast and ran-dumb stuff. I wasn't fully writing my blog, sometimes I played some games. I did that 'til around 12PM-1PM, and then we were headed off for the subway! "Why?" To go to W4 Street! "What's W4 Street?" West 4th street. "You forgot the capitalization." Don't care. "Why are you going to West 4th Street?" 1 word, 5 characters (but apparently I don't see any characters like Mario or Pikachu or Code/Number 1 or SpongeBob SquarePants. Just letters.): C-H-E-S-S battling! I shall fight people at Washington Square that looks homeless but are very good at chess! The park is named after George Washington, the guy I studied in 3rd grade for our famous people presentation that I almost forgot everything about him. We got off the subway, and had no idea where we were. We asked 2 people where it was. One he just pointed THRU buildings so we really didn't actually know where he was telling us to go, and I think we couldn't understand the other guy, I forgot. *Crowd start's booing* We then asked a-nutter guy where it was and he said go 2 blocks from here. So we listened, and then we got robbed by masked people! They took our $1 bill and our dirty napkin! JK
The first thing I noticed was a street vendor. HE ACTUALLY HAD A SHORT LINE OF PEOPLE! I thought we made it, but I looked inside the fence and all I saw was (haha, saw backwards = was. Wassaw. And "WasItACatISaw" backwards = "waSItaCAtIsaW AKA WasItACatISaw AKA Was it a cat I saw? Boom.) Then we saw a bathroom, and then the side entrance to the park! It was pretty. There was grass and flowers, and a huge fountain. But mainly grass. I see more street vendors, but these people should be called "park vendors", though I don't know why. There was also an arch that said "Washington Park" and (I think) a quote of what George Washington said. Ya. Yea. Anyway, we had no idea where the CHESS PLACE was IN the park so we asked a vendor. He said go there. That makes no sense. He also pointed where. That made sense. We went there, and then we was some people. Like every table occupied. I think people were actually fighting for the tables. Oh yea, the REAL chess place in Washington Square Park is under construction, though that's changing history, so that's the place the people are staying. There was a guy that was the closest to me and offered to play. We asked how much it costs to play. He said $3 a game. <-- That's what I call when a person rips off
yer pyants. We negotiated with him to $2, though that's still not worth it. Oh yea, note: the people there may seem homeless, but they still make some money and they are rated around 1,500 AKA above average ( I'm like 700-800, so I'm underrated >.>). LOOK @ ME BELOW!
 |
| SMILEY APPROACHING ON FACE ... SMILEY ON FACE |
 |
| Not really, profile view. |
And at the end I made 2 mistakes, and then lost. I had to rush because my time was running out. You only have 5 minutes. If you were a Grandmaster, you would probably lose because you would take almost 5-10 minutes for each move. If your a kid, then you shouldn't lose time, though you would lose. I wanted to take a break and go get some food. I only got a blue Gatorade and nuts. Then we went back, and then I played the guy next to the first guy I played for $2. I lost. More pics.
 |
| We both got 7 minutes for the clock because he saw me losing a lot of time. |
Then ANOTHER guy wanted me to play him. He was on the other table, not next to this table, though. We didn't have a clock for this game, and he said he'll play without a queen (the most valuable piece other than the king). For some reason he called people (The player next to him that's watching and me) rabbit or superman. After he makes a move, sometimes he will say, "Watcha' goona do now, rabbit/superman??". We paid $2 as usual. I was kind of happy because I WON! YEA! VICTORY DANCE! *dances* *not you* *not you isn't an action* *nor was that or this*
 |
| Perfect position. |
He offered a free game, but this time he has no rooks (the second best piece excluding kings) at all. Both a' them. That's the picture up there. See the pair of rooks at the right? That's right. And I beat him again! WOO YAY YEA PWN! After that there were 2 people that wanted to play me. One of them wanted to play me whenever I got there, but I feel sad for him because I ended up never playing. The other guy talked me into playing with him. I was playing with him with a clock, and he was being bothered. He was being bothered by "Rabbit Superman", because he wanted his money and his cigarette. It always seem like homeless and homeless-looking people smoke. And a few 10 moves later, OMG I BEAT HIM! I beat him fair and square! He said that "Rabbit Superman" was bothering him. It WAS true. He kept shaking and talking to him. I checkmated him with 2 bishops.
 |
| Here's the position. I first attack him with my white bishop and he moved to a corner, and then he had a bishop and a knight protecting my other bishop square but then his knight moved and then it blocked the bishop so it was like a double no-more-protecting. I don't think he saw that I could get my bishop there to checkmate. |
Because of that, I can VICTORY DANCE! Oh yea, break it down! *Awkward* And because of that, HE also offered a free game. I forgot what happened, but I just know that I lost. I think I had enough. I don't want to play anymore, but I feel bad for the guy that wanted to play me because he waited so long and I didn't play him. I want to go back there and play him. But I didn't. Oh yea, I'm putting this in the end because I forgot when it happened, but during one game it was almost time to go to New York University, but I
still didn't go there because I stayed to play. Stay to play peeps. After I finished the game we went to Starbucks one or two blocks away from the park to get some food. At the Starbucks was a HUGE line (all full of students, I guess they like coffee) and was my brother and dad! They must have not started the tour yet. Since the line was WAY too long, we went to the store next door, Campus Eateries! Oh yea, I forgot to say (again) that this is one of the colleges that doesn't have .... walls, or something. Their campus is kind of like ... blended in with the city. I don't know why I'm telling you that. Anyway, we went to Campus Eateries. I wanted a Philly Cheese Steak, but I didn't see it. The only thing that interested me was a hot chocolate. I ordered that. My mom also ordered a drink. She ordered that. We sat down not in, but on a chair in front of a table. Our plan was to just sit there for an hour. And then all of a sudden my mom saw Philly Cheese Steak on the menu! So we ordered it. I ate it for a while and then I had an idea of going to eat at the fountain so we went there. The fountain had steps going down to the fountain water level, and I was on the step, eating my food. It was yummy :D
 |
| The sandwich, the fountain, the chocolate, and the me. And the background. |
I ate pretty slow, because when I was finished just after a few more minutes my brother and dad came back. Then we were off to Grand St AKA Chinatown! My dad had a place he wanted to go to. We took the subway there, and I played a game with my mom. My mom would count the Chinese people, and I would count the others. We walked a far way, and we got to the restaurant. My mom got around 160 and I got around 40 -_-. I looked for the Sanitary Grade (I think it's a law to put your sanitary grade on the window or door on your restaurant) and it was a C! OMG! Seriously?? That is the first C I've seen in New York. I thought that if it was a C then you would have to shut down and then make it cleaner in 2 weeks. The place inside didn't look like a C. There were actually some pretty decorating in there. And there was only 1-3 tables occupied including us. I wasn't hungry because I just ate. Then we took the subway to home. Bye. Oh, and I also used the computer.
You finally updated your blog. Now you can do a victory dance. Love your blog. It makes me want to go back to New York again.
ReplyDelete