Today's night is just like yesterday. Wait, not yesterday. Except more kiddie, more funny, more English, no opera-singing, yes regular-singing, and no orchestra. Alright, everyone, listen up! LISTEN UP! I eight nothing. Yea, that's right. I ate/eight none-thing. Oops. I mean, I 4got what I ate. I think I eight none-thing. Oh well. We left to the subway around morning 8-10AM. We were headed to the Empire State Building! It is currently the tallest bill-ding in the USoA, with 102 floors at West 34 St or 5th Avenue. So, we went there! We swiped our Metrocard to get inside the subway station, and I tried to find a rat in the rails.. I've seen so far either 1 or 2 rats at stations. I don't think I found any this time. Then the train came, we got in, it took us to W 34 St, we got out of the train, we got out of the train, and we got out of the station. We were walking around, trying to find the Empire State building, when we saw the
world's largest store, Macy's! world's second largest store, Macy's! So my mom went here shopping while we went to the Empire State Building. (I was already way past this, but nothing was saved! I have to rewrite the whole thing!) It was actually only about 1 block away. Actually, it's 0 blocks away, and the Macy's was just across the street. We got to the entrance, and the entrance was one of those spin entrances. Next to the entrance was a guard, just kind of like watching for bad people. When we got inside, the place was small and then we took a short escalator to the 2nd floor, and in front of us was the ticket booth. There was a ticket to the 86th floor (with and outside view) and a ticket to the 102nd floor (with an inside view. It's on like the skinny top part of the tower. So search Empire State Building and look at the photos. You'll know what I'm talking about.). We bought the 86th floor ticket. Then in order to get to the elevator we had to take a photo with a Green Screen that turns into the Empire State Building at night. They do that because they charge like $20 per photo when you can just take a photo by yourself for about 15 cents, but they have a Green Screen. Then we got to the elevator, and there was a employee there to guide you and stuff. The elevator came in about 1 minute, and then we got into the small, squishy elevator. There was a note that said don't press the elevator buttons because either because it's automatic or because they have a button that goes to the 80th floor. It takes us to the 80th floor and then to either 86th floor or 102nd floor. It took about a minute to get to the 80th floor. About 1 floor per second. At the 80th floor, it was kind of like an exhibit of the Empire State Building. On the windows are some pictures related to the building. The pictures were blocking the view of outside, so I couldn't see if we were ACTUALLY on the 80th floor. Then I smelled popcorn. I got hungry. That's all. Then we took the elevator to the 86th. Then we got outside, and saw New York and I think New Jersey! There was like those telescopes that you pay for 50 cents to see with a code at the bottom to tell you what angle you should look at to see each thing ( like there's a total of 100 numbers and if you point the scope at "1" then it would show the "Statue Of Liberty"). If you look at the streets, mainly the only thing you see is taxis and buses. Mainly taxis. Then we took pictures.
 |
| That's the telescope. |
 |
| Awkward face |
 |
| Awkward blinking face |
I saw the Statue Of Liberty and Central Park! All you could see was a big green place. And that's all the things I remember seeing. Then we went back to the 80th floor, and then to the ... I guess 2nd floor, and then we took the escalator back to 1st. When we got outside my mom was already there, waiting for us. I guess she finished shopping. And before I continue, I have to go back to about 1 or 2 hours before we went to Empire State Building. I thought we first went to the Empire State Building, but we actually went to "Restaurant Fancy" AKA Jing Fong Restaurant in Chinatown/ Little Italy, but this time all four of us. I ordered the exact same thing I would order at a "Dim Sum" restaurant: Egg Custard, Beef Stripe, and Spare Ribs. This time they actually had Egg Custard,, and they also had extra Beef Stripe. We first ordered 2 Beef Stripes, then I ate it all so we got another one, and I was still hungry so I got another one! That's four plates. And 4 Beef Stripe plates + 1 custard + Spare Ribs = STOP EATING!! Alright, I'm done exaggerating.
After we got out of the Empire State Building we went to take a subway to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is next to the Central Park. I was sad because I hated museums ( D: ). On the way, about 50 meters from the museum, was a vendor that we bought from. I bought a regular pretzel and a ..... it's kind of like Dippin' Dots, but it's a little different, and it's not from them. I first ate the ... ice cream and then when I was about to go on the steps ( you know when museums have a lot of stairs and at the top was the entrance ) I saw BIRDIES! I did a very evil thing: threw something at it. You wanna know what I threw? A piece a pretzel. In the end they were the evil ones because they were taking food from strangers. You know what they say, "Never trust strangers or strange people" except birds don't say that because they don't speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Tasmanian Devil (wait that's a dog-looking animal), Spiderans, Spiderman, Superman, Rabbit, Jungle, and they don't even speak oxygen! SHAME ON, YOOOu
I stayed for a while there, feeding the birds, and there was 2 birds brave enough to take food from a stranger's hand, instead of the stranger tossing it to it.
 |
| GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME FOOD |
After a few minutes I had to go inside the museum or else we might be outside the whole day. Wait, actually why is because we cant stay out all day, but we have about 2 hours until **** **** starts. The good thing about museums here is that you can name your price for the ... museum pin. They give you a pin that you put on your shirt so they know that you registered or paid, although you can just suggest a price of $0.00 and STILL get a pin, but you still have to get registered. I was really completely bored, so I was playing with my brother. We were playing hide 'n seek, although there wasn't really any good hiding spots. I looked at the map and it looked pretty small, but it's H-U-G-E! There's armors, sculptures, paintings, etc. While we were walking around, my brother said that he's going to hide in the museum all the way until the end, or just stay wherever he is until either he finds us or we find him. He does that almost every time. But now I have something to do for about like 2 hours or something. Ehhhh, since it's been like 2 weeks so I'm going to go faster in the museum. We passed an armor section, a statue section, a short film that I forgot what was about, and at a place I dropped my pin, I went to pick it up, and Kevin magicked away. Wait, that doesn't really make sense. Kevin ran away. I tried to find him by running where I think he went, but I gave up in about 15 seconds. Each room is like a big sized room with big entrances without doors. It's kind of like a doorway, without a door, but much larger. Painting rooms are about 2x size of a kids bedroom, and others are about 3x size of a kitchen, like the statue place. After my brother ran away, I just went and looked at the sculptures. The only guy I know with paintings there is Vincent van Gogh. There were many of his paintings in every room. I wasn't really paying attention to other paintings. Then we went to this place where the paintings were so simple. It was just colors, stripes, and a scribble. I forgot who made it, an artist or the museum people, because it wasn't in the painting section. After that Kevin found us. Then we went to the gift shop to wait for my dad. We called him, and then he came. They had something extremely overpriced there, I forgot what it was. After, we went outside, threw away our pins, and BIRDIES!! I give you..... *drumroll*....
very-hard-to-break pretzel because it's been 2 hours. I still fed them, and then while I was feeding them pretzel my brother ordered a gyro (like always) for his stomach. I fed until it was all gone, and then we were off to Time Square for
**** King. I wanted to get strait there, even though we would be early. We couldn't find a subway, so we used a bus! It's run by the same company as the subway. When we bought our
Metrocard, I saw that another option was Subway + bus card, so I thought ours wouldn't work (because we just have subway), but apparently whenever we swiped it in the bus, it worked. If you asked me, that was the slowing car/bus transportation ever! So many cars, so many stops, so many requested stops, so much waiting! Although my mom enjoyed it because she can see all the scenery. After a while, we got to 5th Avenue, where a lot of clothes stores are. I was
not interested. I was bored. There was Banana Republic, LaCoste, American Eagle, Polo, and other stuff. All we really did was just walk around. I'll just skip this.
After all that we got to a small store to rest. It was so empty, like we were the only customers. In fact, we were the only customers! I didn't see any food I wanted, so I just got a snack. I bought Sour Patch Kids, "Sour, sweet, gone" because they taste SO good to me. They also have those things, I forgot what it was called but it was this small chocolate ball with a nut or some type of nut in it, which I like but then my parents would also eat it and it was like 90 cents each one. The thing my parent doesn't like are those sour candy and sweet candy and both, like Sour Punch, Mike and Ike, Sour Patch [something], and other super sweet or super sour or both candy. We then started walking closer there, and the sky was ugly with black, blue, ugly, ugly, feo, and ugly. I actually had no idea where we were, but soon I started to smell faint food smells, and soon we were at the Times Square place near Toys 'R Us. We still had so much time, that, remember when I went to Toys 'R Us and I saw the magic thumb? Well I wanted that so my parents gave me $15 and then let me to buy it. Actually, they let me buy anything, because I wanted to go back there, just to look at the stuff since we still had a while, about 30 minutes. I kept thinking should I get the thumb or the worm. At the end I chose the thumb so just in case if I lose my thumb. We got the box, and I finally got the secret! The secret is that the thing is a thumb. You put the thumb on your thumb or, pronounced, thum. And there is a white, soft plastic stick covering the light so I had no idea how it worked. The thumb was also quite transparent so that's how you see the light. You also get 2, so you can put one on each hand and pretend your moving it one hand to another. Then, it was time. Time for the Lion King Broadway! When we were getting there (it was about 2 minutes away) we bought nuts. We have him a $20 and wanted the change but since he seemed kind of sad that we were only buying 1 and gave him a $20 we bought another nut, actually, coconut! It was .... I think coconut covered sugar, I think (again). I didn't really like it, so I just kept eating the nuts, while my parents and brother were eating the coconut. This stadium was smaller than yesterdays, but it's big compared to a regular stage. At the sides of the wall were drums and 2 people, 1 on each sides. And this place also had "NO MORE!!" people. I'm going to skip this part when I'm waiting, because nobody likes waiting, like waiting 2-3 weeks for this blog post. It's because I had a Math Competition (Rock and Space Center Jr. Math Mania, which I got in second :) place), I have a Lego Tournament coming up (although I'm pretty sure we aren't going to participate because we only have 4 missions out of like, at least 20 and we don't have this presentation we are suppose to do), and my head has been hurting like, everyday. We went to the doctor, and he said because of my allergies. -_- Allergies causes the mucus to stick in the head instead of flowing somewhere else where (I think your nose), which causes sinuses, so I have been taking Tylenol. Then the lights turned light, and then then the stage turned bright. I'm pretty sure that they can only do this play here, because in the middle of the stage was a tall spiral staircase for where the king would stand, the highest place in the land. Now, there's way to much to say, but my favorite part was when Pumbaa and Timon came, because they were really funny. Also another funny guy was the guy that played the bird, or whatever. He was kind of like a puppet with a tall string that you can move mouths. That's all I can remember, and also so this way you will go see it. It's a lot like the movie, just with real people. Then we went out, my brother got an euro, and got to the subway and went home to sleep.
Congratulations on winning the 2nd place at Rocket City Math Mania.
ReplyDeleteHope your head ache is gong forever.
I am glad you still remember some stuff happened a month ago.
I always enjoy reading your blog. It's very funny.