Saturday, December 31, 2011

New York TRIP Day 9/9 ( Saturday, October 10, 2011 )

CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! Do I really have to write this? I'm going to just Copy+Paste.
CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!!CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!!CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!!CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!!CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!! CHOCOLATE!!
There we go. CHOCOLATE! Gimme gimme gimme gimme
Today has something to do with chocolate. Today we slept until around 10:00 AM and then we went down the hotel ( we were in a hotel, I think I forgot to mention that, not sure ). I got some food, and then while I was eating I was watching the news talking about Occupy Wall Street expanding to like Boston, making Occupy Boston and stuff. Then after that, we packed up, and then off we went to HERSHEY'S Chocolate Factory! It was about thirty minutes away from our hotel. When we were near, we turned to Hershey Street and that street's lampposts are shaped Hershey Kisses at the top where the light is. There were many different designs on the Kisses: Some just what you see at the store, some without the wrapping, some without the little note on the top, and stuff. And finally, we got there! Next to it was, I think, the "actual" factory and the coaster park. The parking lot was big, but we found a good spot.
Teehee my FACE
 And this was one thing I learned here: KitKat was a HERSHEY'S product. And so was other stuff I can't remember. I found out from the 3-D faced candies on the entrance on the image above. We got inside, and we got in line for the ... what do you call ... ( I dunno ) big, or total tour. There are a total of 5 stations you have to pay for: The chocolate processing thingy ride ( actually that's free ), Create Your Own Chocolate Bar (the most expensive one at $15 per person), The Hershey Tour, a movie, and a Chocolate Tasting. We got the bundle package of all of them. First stop: The processing thingy. ride. The ride at first was on the moving big circle for easy and on-time hop-on hop-off. The ride was kind of like those things like with auto-moving gates separating each room and each room has stuff in it. The first room were cows.
Heads or tails? I choose heads.
The cows produce milk. Then the next room showed cocoa beans being cooled down. And then a lot of other way-too-complicated and too-much-processing-and-work stuff came that I forgot. At the exit, there was a person next to a whole bucket of Kisses who handed everyone 1 Kisses.  After that, we went to the Chocolate Tasting. The place was timed like a movie theater because then everybody starts at the same time. First you get in there, and then you sit in on of the chairs they have. Then next to the chair was a table. On the table was many types of chocolate: dark, milk, Kisses, and this chocolate from another company. Actually there's one more that I forgot. And another thing on a table was a cup of chocolate. Then after a while we started the lesson. There was a person at the front of the room like in a room talking about cacao beans. Did you notice I said cacao in stead of cocoa? You pronounce it cuh-cow. Actually you pronounce it cacao. And I'm going to skip all the boring stuff and get to the fun-for-me stuff. First, the person talking told us to grab the cup, and use the straw on the cup and stir it. Then after that she told us to blow in it, like when you blow the water in a Capri-Sun ( you actually don't do that, but many kids do that ) and the bubble starting building up and doesn't pop for a while, unlike regular drinks that pops in like .5 seconds. This is what happened:

My brother told me to stop bubbling it ( I think it embarrasses him :D )
I didn't want to drink it, so I drank it.
What?
I couldn't take it home.
It would spill.
 Then after that, we finished. BUT B4 we left, the person gave us a "Chocolate Degree" diploma, although we didn't have/wore square hats and long robes and the paper wasn't folded. Then we were off to the Hershey movies! In 3-D! So we first got our 3-D goggles, and then we had to wait on a small room with a small TV hanging on the wall that's very small to keep you entertained during the wait. Then, the doors to the movies opened! It was just a little smaller than a regular movie theater, so it was too big for just about 20 people in a 100-seat theater. And after about a minute, the lights dimmed and a person went up to the podium on the stage/movie screen. It's like a movie theater, except there's some space in front of it, so it's like a stage with a movie screen on it. The person said an introduction, and then the movie started. It started with a Kiss movie. This person asks another person for a Kiss, so he/she gave means him/her one. Out of his/her purse, although I don't get why someone keeps chocolate in their purse, it tempts them to eat it, and it will melt, and then get into your money pouch and then people will not accept the money but will keep it and admire the great smell of the melted chocolate. Then the movie started. A person was like directing it and doing crazy stuff ( in the movie), and so the podium person started complaining that that's not whats suppose to happen, so that means they have a script, thus making life harder because you have to memorize the script with perfect timing. Then came an awesome army of candy that has a face and talks that sings, and a lot of other junk. Then when you go out of the theater, they give you some more Hershey's candy. Then, time to do the train tour. This part is all boring, but I'll just tell you the exciting-to-me things. The Hershey's roller coaster park and during the ride you get a variety of Kisses. Now it's time for the best part of the factory: Create Your Own Chocolate Bar!! First we had to use hand sanitizer, and then wear a head net. Then after that, you would go to a touch-screen place where you would choose your type of chocolate and toppings inside the chocolate. There was more than 3, but the maximum number of toppings inside the chocolate was 3. I chose 2 chocolate things (Chocolate chips and something else) and then nuts. After that, you would press a button to confirm your choice(s), and then you would go to the processing part. It was so awesome! I think its because I like watching factories and things being processed. 
Oh, and our tickets had our names on it, so when you scan the ticket it knows your name.

The start of the chocolate bar, a thick bar with a very deep, in fact nothing  inside, You put the toppings inside then cover it with chocolate.


This part is really cool! Wherever your chocolate bar is, it will show on the board thing where my brother is pointing.  Do you see that circular bar right above the board thing? There's a hole in there that lets the toppings out, and there's this spinning thing that moves the toppings forward, and it's also timed at when to do it and when to not.

My hand is covering up the Y for Yang. If you did not know what circular bar  I was talking about, it's that metal thing to the right of the board. And that black thing under it is my chocolate bar. 

Other toppings...

Other toppings...
I can't see whats here, I think it's when the chocolate starts pouring in and then the chocolate goes to the cooling system for 7 minutes.
Then after that, I had to go to another touch-screen place to make my cover design! Like Hershey's Kisses cover design is tin-foil (or that's what I think it is). Hershey's Chocolate is a black-chocolate background design with the word "Hershey's" at the top. That's the cover I'm designing.
I made my background color purple because it's my favorite color >:D

Oh! We also had to wear that plastic thing in front of yourself  that some people  use when they're cooking.  I can't reach my name!!    >:((((((((((((               (my chin has bags) (not in real life though)
Then after it got out of the cooling system, there were machines that puts on a cover (actually this is the cover, and then they wrap the cover design on top of it.), and then after that part there was a laser that will write your name and your number (which I have no idea what that's for) in a long blink of an eye! It looks like the cover is automatically doing it. Then after that it comes out of the "processing" place and then a person grabs a paper from the printer that's printed and then put it on your cover. That's the design, and I'm pretty sure the paper isn't regular paper, but eh, who cares? Then after that we went to the car, had to drive 1 hour 33 minutes to Baltimore, got on the plane for 2 hours, then drove 5-20 minutes home, and then went to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. U has the funniest poses simon. also, u get to make ur own chocolate bar? Not Fair! Also, if ming kept on making bubles in choolate, id probably be embarrased too. :P

    ReplyDelete