I woke up at 9AM, when my dad left to his conference. That's the whole reason why we're here, like I told you at least 20 times now. No, just kidding (about the 20 times). My mom and I were wide awake, but my brother still wanted to sleep in, so we decided to go outside and bring him the food when we get back. We looked around for a close restaurant, and we saw Arby's. Of course we went there, unless like yesterday, or else I wouldn't of had written this, because that would be wasting space on this post, and I never waste space.
The Arby's was the size of a regular store, but with 2 floors, and different from a regular layout of Arby's. We looked at what they had, and the first 2 things I noticed: there's only 2 employees, and the prices are higher. I think it's because it's on the French Quarter streets, and also because it's in the city. I said I think! The lunch sandwiches alone are about $5, and with combo, 8 freaking dollars! That's highway robbery! It's like they're robbing you legally! Which is a good way to have an early retirement, but also a good way to lose customers. So I guess that means you will have a late retirement, possibly at 100. The cheapest things were the breakfast meals, which was $5 with the food you selected, potato cakes (hash browns), and coffee. I went for the Egg and Cheese Wrap, and orange juice substitution instead of coffee. On the website, it says available with bacon, ham, or sauage. Not sure if that means we can pick, but I think we got the sausage. Yes, that does mean that my mom got 2 more of the same things, except orange juice for my brother, and coffee for her.
We ate upstairs, but sadly, there are no balcony seats. I thought it was supposed to be French style! Anyway, I ate the wrap and orange juice, but I decided against the potato cakes because I was too full, and maybe my brother wanted it. We walked across the screet, back into the hotel, and then gave the food to my brother. After he finished, we stayed there for a few more minutes, and then left to go shopping and visiting!
We headed towards the harbor (FYI, it was very close to the ocean), and there was an aqarium next to it! But, none of us wanted to go there. In a matter of time, there was a snowcone stand! It's like flavored ice. I got a large grape, and my brother got a large pinapple. I think this one had a permit, so it was okay. No need to panic, or call the police. It was also bigger than those hot dog stands, so it would be harder to move your things. There are no storage for anything. All the sauces were on the table. Because it was so hot, the shaved ice melted very quickly. We walked next to the harbor, and there were some statues we encountered. I don't think a statue is that important to take a picture. Within 10 minutes, I ate all the ice and all the ice melted, so it tasted really sweet. But I think it's because this person gives a lot more of the sauce, so that's good for me. While we were passing, a man was on a bike selling cold water for $1. Later, there was actually a person that bought it! He was one of the street performers on the saxophone. Then for the next whole hour we were just passing through the streets and looking at the stores, and we saw a mule carriage. We asked how much it was, and they offered $15 half-hour tour, and $30 1 hour tour. There was another carriage that was $30 for adults, $15 for kids, and it toured the French Quarters and the cemetery. The cemetery was actually above ground, like they are in 10 sq. feet houses, due to the land of New Orleans extremely below sea level. If it was underground, they would drown while they were dead. But the good news is that now ghosts will choke!
We were supposed to pay later, but I already counted the price. $75!! 30 plus 30 plus 15. The carriage had 4 rows, and each was suppose to carry 2 people, and the front 3 (plus one because of the tour guide). The only thing I remember was that the back people were also from Alabama! When we were about to leave, 2 more people wanted to come, and there was 1 more row left. Problem is, capacity was 9, but there was 8 people on board! But the tour guide gave us a discount! I'm free, but I have to sit on someone's lap. I wasn't sure how that helps, though. It's still clear to see that there's 10 people. Anyway, picture!
![]() |
| They used to use horses, but they died because it was too hot or something, so now the law prevents the use of horses. They got the next best thing: mules! |
I don't remember and couldn't hear the majority of the things, so I'll just tell you some things I remember and took pictures of.
![]() |
| Something like Louisiana's oldest tree. |
![]() |
| Something like the oldest restaurant that's still being ran by the same family. |
There was also an illegal water seller! We bought 2 waters. The first thing I noticed at the grave was that there was sign stating the law about any damage or markings on the tombs will result in a serious penalty and jail.
There was one grave where you have to do something and then you write three "x" on the tomb, and you also have to give an offering. The offerings there include coins, sunglasses, an alligator head (not sure real or fake), and a cigarette. That person must have bad luck.
We found a place to stop, and decided to eat there. I think it was just called "Market Cafe". It was out in the open, and it was like in the middle of the street. The street splits off, and the cafe is in the middle. I wasn't very hungry, and there wasn't anything particular that I liked, so I decided to eat what my mom or brother ordered. My mom got "Taste of New Orleans", and my brother had a sandwich. I think it was a Po-boy sandwich. I ate a little of what my mom got, and all it was were 5 small bowls, they all contain rice, and each one has something different. My brother's sandwich, on the other hand, was huge. He had 2 slices of a big sandwich, and I wanted some bread to feed to the birds. I fed a little at first, and when my brother had leftovers, I saved some in my pocket and threw a bit more. There are 2 birds that aren't afraid to take it from my hand, but they aren't brave enough to go to stand on your shoulders or hands to eat it. Later we went to the French Market, but I just sat there because my Crocs were literally peeling my right foot's skin. I should of have worn socks. We left to go to dinner after that.
We stopped at a place called "New Orleans, Seafood and Burgers". We joked and asked for a balcony seat, but they actually had one! Now this is French. I settled for the Blackened Fish.
My mom had oysters, and my brother had a sandwich. After she payed the bill, we started toward home. At the hotel, I started writing my blog, and then slept.






No comments:
Post a Comment