Enough of this torture!
For breakfast, the last breakfast in Memphis of the year, instant oatmeal. There's not much better. Then we had to pack to leave. Oh wait, we did that last night. Last Friday Night.........
OK lets not get into songs. For chess camp, it's the same thing, and I actually forgot who were our teachers. I just remember that in the afternoon, we had Luke, but instead of him for chess activities, we had Robert Hess. Luke actually requested a group change in the afternoon, because we only got him once. And so did Robert Hess, but it's fun to have him just in the room. For the chess activity, we had a fandom (however you spell it) chess. It's a blitz (5 minutes each side), and each side has 2 people playing, but neither of the 2 players can talk to each other. The 2 people also rotates who plays. For example: Bob and Bobby (White side) plays Sammy and Sammie (Black side). If Bob went first for white and Sammy went first for black, Bob would play first move, Sammy first for black, Bobby would play second move, Sammie second for black, Bob would play third move, Sammy third for black, Bobby would play fourth move, Sammie fifth for black, etc. OK, yes that's confusing. Let's just put it this way: You play on one side with another person. You rotate every turn with your partner, so you play every other move. Ehh never mind...
I partnered with this guy named Noah Caplinger. We plan to partner for the Saturday tournament (Hint hint!) , so this is our practice round, or the get-to-know-how-we-think-and-don't-mess-up-my-plan round. Doing it helps to know our openings, and if we think the same. I think I turned out... Okay, I guess. We thought the same, but we got 2 points out of 4, out of 8 teams. The first time I ran out of time, the second time I dropped a queen. -_- A knight was attacking, and I wanted to put pressure on it, but it seems it was attacking my queen. I just realized it when I pressed the clock. It seems like before the move, I see nothing good, or bad, but after I press the clock, or if I touch it because of touch-move, I see everything. Oh, and we had 8 minutes, because we have to switch people. If we had 1 brain, 1 person, we could grab the piece and know our next move instantly, and don't have to waste less than 2 seconds walking, thinking, and saying "Ahh! What should I move? Ehh, what the heck. DIE bishop!"
At the end, we were tied for third with a lot of other people, and 2 groups had 0 points. Two groups had 4 and/or 3, so that means there were 4 people with 3rd. Ehh never mind...
At 4:30, we had our awards ceremony. First the toucans (beginner group, the first one) group did a little performance with Andre as the piano player. They sang a song about the pieces on the board, in the tune of B-I-N-G-O. It was like, P-A-W-N-S, Q-U-E-E-N, B-I-S-H-O-P-S, Knights go Hop-hop turn, and R-O-O-K-S. That's what you sing during the BINGO part. After they finished, they announced all the people's award and certificate! Mine was less than 5 names to the last, YANG. Too bad it's not last, like at school. Except in Kindergarten, there was a last name named YARBROUGH, or something like that.
![]() |
| I already bit the wrap and drank a little of the smoothie :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment