I ate bell peppers with meat and potatoes for breakfast (made by my grandparents), and after everyone finished eating, we left to go to Zion National Park! Although there is a canyon trail there. Note: don't get confused with lions.
It was (sort of) conveniently located 1 hour away. The parking fee is $25, and that's the only thing you have to pay to get in (excluding refreshments), but since there are cars coming in at least 1 a minute, they probably earn at LEAST $5,000 a day. Probably that's how much they earn on a bad day. Then they have to deduct $4,999 for employees. They use the remaining $1 to build a 5 mile trail.
You can only park at the parking lot, and then to get through all the stations/places, you have to use the shuttle bus. We first used the shuttle bus to get to Zion Lodge to eat lunch, but before that, I saw a sign that said "Do Not Feed The Animals". There was a picture of a guy's hand, and his hand had a lot of black things, and below that picture was a picture of a squirrel. The guy's hand with the black thing was the squirrel's bite, and it said it took 13 stitches to make it better. I wonder if he was fined...
![]() |
| It also said not to feed squirrels on some buses. |
We arrived at the Zion Lodge (CLICK4MAP), and we went to eat for lunch. My brother got a Turkey & Swiss sub, and I got a totally different Turkey & Swiss submarine sandwich. I don't know how, but it was already like 12:00PM, and then we took the shuttle to Temple of Sinawana. If you don't click links, you probably won't know what I'm talking about.
At the Temple of Sinawana, there was a trail that led to a canyon with water, and you have to cross waters to pass it! It reached from my between my Achilles to my knee, to the bottom of my shorts. If you don't know, Achilles is when you are very cold and then you get a chill. You need to see "Greek Mythology" (the play, or books) and watch the irony of Achilles.
The trail to the water was about a mile away, and on the way, you could get river access and smell the dirt and people's shoe germs. Just try not to drink the water ;)
We were probably the most unprepared, because other people brought canes/sticks, water shoes, and a backpack to slow you down. I wore sneakers because I thought there were only trails, so I had to take my shoes and socks off.
| Starting off. It's pretty hard to do barefoot because there are rocks in there, and there is a current. |
| Almost to the other side... YES! Wait, NO!! 3 MORE ISLANDS TO GO!! But it is fun, just painful :D |
| Now coming back. "Kevin, slow down!!' |
| I first took a picture farther away. Then I got really close and it did nothing, so I got another picture. It did nutting! |



No comments:
Post a Comment