Monday, June 3, 2013

Visit to Europe TRIP - Day 09/21 (05/31FR/13)

 I wonder how many miles we've driven… I think it’s been at least 1,000 miles. If we keep this up, we could go further than an airplane! Hooray for older technology!
     So we ate breakfast today because if we didn't, we’d starve and die, and that’ll conclude my life. But that didn't happen because we did eat breakfast! And we've been eating breakfast for more than 11 years! So we found a local coffeehouse/bakery called Taffmann, or something like that that is complicated. I ordered a sandwich with croissants as the bread and inside was ham, tomato, cheese, and cucumber. I did not order any H2O or anything similar to that, so I’ll probably die. But there’s H2O in the foods, so I probably won’t die.
  We got into the car and then pressed on the pedal that makes the car move. It took us all the way to Hamburg, which was 3 hours away. I feel like our vacation is just sitting in a car, driving to new territory. Anyway, we arrived around the ocean where there are ports with ships that carry oversized cargo that overcharge you, but that’s normal since Hamburg has the “world’s 3rd largest port”. We looked around, and we found many boat tours. There were probably 10 too many tours. We didn't want to miss out on the fun, and we took a tour! For 18 euros per person and 9 euros per child, you get a 1 hour tour! So it ended to an average of $15 per person. The only bad thing was that they didn't have any English translation/speaker, they were all speaking German. So because we couldn't understand what they were saying, we decided to just take pictures.




    You can’t survive a day without lunch! We walked around until we found a decent restaurant, and we stopped at “Dock 14”. I ordered the “Housekebab” (it was spelled different but I used the power of human translation to change it to English) with Bionade as a drink. The drink was… eh... like root beer. The food was pretty good, except the meat was a bit hard. 


     We toured around the city some more, however we did not do any activities. After that, it was time to go home.      We drove home to Bad Brandenburg (that’s the name of the town).  It was dinnertime, and my mom was asleep. My dad and I drove around the town to look for some food, and we stopped at this Chinese restaurant. Thank goodness they have and English menu!! I basically ordered the same thing I had for dinner: beef with peppers, onions, bamboo, etc. Don’t forget the rice! Too bad we didn't bring the camera, though. My dad ordered some soup. We finished our meals and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment