At 4:00PM we went to a place to climb the mountain. It was called Diamond Head and it was about 5 miles away and it took about 20 minutes. When we got there, they just charged you parking money to earn money. I think it was $5 for a car. When we parked, my dad went to the trunk to get me a Fanta we bought on the first day we came to Hawaii. It was a 12 Fl Oz. can. Oh yea, when we went there we went with a family that was also there for a conference and also lived in Huntsville. They had a son that I was good friends with. But I haven't seen him in a long time so I finally got to see him. The way up was just either an old pathway or/and a dirt track or/and stairs. On the way there I was mainly just talking to my friend. Then after maybe 10 minutes we went to a place next to the path to stop and rest. Yes, you are suppose to stop there and rest. It was really hot and windy up there, so it felt kind of weird. We took some pictures, and then continued. Then after a while we had to climb some stairs. Maybe 50 but each stair was long. At the top we had to walk through a small cave/tunnel. After we reached that.... wow I forgot. I think that we walked outside for 30 seconds and then we had to climb more stairs. This staircase was scary because it was long with about 70 steps and each step was short. When we got to the top of there we had to climb even more stairs! This one was a spiral stair. At the top you had to climb 2 rungs to get outside. It was very hard to get over the rungs because the roof was very close. What I mean by the roof was that there was a platform with supporters and on top of that had dirt and grass and stuff. Then after you get outside you had to walk some more curvy terrain paths to get to the top. You still had to climb some steps, but these steps were very long and metal-ish. At the top you could get a beautiful view of the city and ocean. We took some pictures, and then went back down. Oh yea, at the top I opened my Fanta can to drink it. I didn't open it at first because it would take me a long time to walk because it might spill. I talked with Everest again almost all the way again. When we were near the bottom my stomache stared to hurt. I think it was because I ate at Nothing's. Their food was horrible! I ate their worst food, Nothing. Hahaha JK! I ate Nothing. I mean I ate nothing. I think that's why my stomach was hurting.
Then for dinner we went to the International Market, AGAIN! But our friend came with us too. I'm talking about the one that came with us to the mountain one. We just went there to eat. I ate at the same restaurant and the same food again. My friend (the kid of their family) also ordered Tiki Burger, and ate the same thing. We used the same dollar bills, a $20 and we got the same order number. I fed the birds just a little bit because we were planning on leaving after we ate. After I finished my food we were going to go back to our hotel (walking since its VERY close.) when we walked passed the Power Band AGAIN (again I said again.). They tried the balance and stretching thing but this time it didn't work on some people. The people who tried it yesterday (Kevin, Vicky, me) tried it again today and it still worked! Maybe it didn't work because the staff is different. OK, after that we went back to the hotel and we planned to go to the beach, even though its already very dark. I think it was 8PM. I went to get dressed, and then came back downstairs where we were suppose to meet. There was 2 families with us. My mom came with me to supervise me, but also everyone else parents. We went to the beach (oh yea, forgot to tell. Our hotel was right next to Waikiki Beach so that's how we got there.) we first played in the sand a bit. Then me and the kid that I told you about that I talked to at the mountain sat in the wet sand next to where the waves would wash. We were trying to stay in the position where we are, but sadly, almost everytime we got pushed back. Then the grown-ups wanted to leave so we were about to leave when I went into the jacuzzi and then everyone went in there. Only the jacuzzi was open, the pool and slide were closed. There was actually 2 of them there. We sat in there for maybe like 30 minutes (wow.) then we went home to sleeeeeeeep........... To
The mountain you climbed is called: Diamond Head.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hawaiiweb.com/html/diamond_head.html
You finally updated your blog. Ive been waiting for a long time.