Friday, October 21, 2011

New York TRIP Day 6/9 (Wednesday, October 5, 2011)

Today is a fancy night and expensive. You'll find out. I heart biking @ the Central Park! I don't know why. Maybe I just like biking. Alright, so we took the train from 135 St. to 59 St., which is at the corner of Central Park, and that's where all the bike rental-ers are. That took us like ... 1,2,3, uhh... 7,8, or 9 stops! Which means that took us at least 10 minutes! That's 10 minute wasted of my ... uhh... let's see, about 100 years, times 365, times 24, times 60, and some Leap Years but I'm not going to add that. I have just wasted 10 minutes out of my about 52,560,000 minutes. Wait, that doesn't seem right. Who cares? Back to the blog. When we got there by brother said he wanted to run the whole 6 miles, so he went to run first, and then we went to find a good 1 hour bike rental. I think they said all of them work for 1 company, so I don't get why just 1 person is there working. When I say all of them, I mean all of them, literally! Except for biking tour, and horse-riding tours, and another bike rental place. Oh, and I was just biking with my dad, because my brother is running and my mom is shopping. When we were biking we were trying to find my brother but the whole 6 miles we never saw him. He must be invisible and invincible. Well, actually he can't be invincible because we were in front of him and finished before him.
This is actually the day before, but I decided not to add it to
the other day because no one would read it.
We went to put away the bike, and then went to the statue next to the southwest entrance, where we said we would meet up. While I waited, I saw a guy feeding a muffin to a lot of birds, so I watched him feed them. After 5 minutes, all of it was gone so he stepped up, walked away, and the birds ran away. I waited for my brother. I wait. I wait. I watch. I see. Wait, what!? Yay! Finally! Alright, so we found Kevin, and then we (me, my brother, and dad) decided to go to Chinatown/Little Italy to eat. We took the subway to Grand St. When we got there, we just walked around to find a restaurant. We walked a while, and we found a restaurant that we went to with a Sanitary Grade A called Jing Fong Restaurant with a sign that says Dim Sum on demand and pictures below.The place was empty, with one worker on a podium and an elevator and escalators. I had a feeling that this place is fancy because just with the escalators.
You say "esca" I say "lator"!
Escalator! Esca-lator! Escalator
It was pretty high up. And at the top, the place looked HUGE! There was like, 20 waiters, 10 servers, and (according to what they said) 130 tables! There was also a lot of people there. All the tables there were round tables. They each could fit 8 people (kind of like a square, with 2 people on each side). We were next to the Dim Sum servers so we got to eat right when we got there (YAY! FOOD!). I think we ordered Chicken Feet, Shrimp Dumpling, Spare Ribs, and Beef Stripe/Stomach. This is going to disgust you guys that don't eat this. I eat Beef Stomach! It tastes really good, if you ask me. NO IT DOES NOT TASTE LIKE INTESTINE OR STUFF! It looks like a flat wide thin noodle with lines on one side. I looked to see if there were Egg Custard. That's a snack that has uh.... crispy bread-like outside covering, and in the inside is egg yolk that's stuck together or something. I think they added sugar, because it's sweet. Too bad they didn't have it on that cart.
My lips are for some reason glowing...

That is only one side of the room. There's more on the other.
See the left? That's the entrance from the escalator.
I started filling up my belly. I was hungry for a second bowl of Beef Stripe. I waited a long time, but neither my Beef Stripe nor my Egg Custard, so we got a waiter to pay the bill. Dim Sum works by how many things you order and what size. Maybe a medium size is $2.50, and if you have 1 medium size then you pay $2.50. When I was coming out of the restaurant on the escalator, that place made me thought, "Is that the biggest restaurant in USA?" I'll just go ahead and tell you. On the menu (for the non-Dim Sum) it said that that place is the biggest restaurant in America. I have to admit, it's a lot bigger than any regular restaurant. Then we went back home. Yea, we traveled across Pennsylvania, and all those states to Alabama. Just kidding. We went back to our "apartment" on 132 St. Everyone except for me went to sleep. I don't sleep except whenever I'm actually tired, can't even walk or something like that. After 1 or 2 hours, everyone woke up. We had to wear something more than casual because we were going to an opera that may be the best opera in America, performed by Metropolitan, Nabucco. I never heard of it. My mom said I had to wear something more fancy than a casual shirt, but I refused to. But at the end my mom mad me wear it, though it wasn't actually that formal. But it's more formal than regular. Oh, and before that I took a shower. We then took a train to Lincoln  Center on 66 St. We weren't even at the theater, and there was fancy-dressed people everywhere, We didn't know were it was, so we asked. He said to go there, and we found it. It was 3 street-length but only 1 street is in the way. My mom already reserved the tickets, so we got the tickets very fast. There was a fountain very close, so we went to take a picture.
That's my shirt.
We were so early (40-60 minutes early) that we decided to get some dinner from a vendor. We found one right away. THIS IS TOO LONG like usual. Alright, I wanted a Philly Cheese Steak and I let my dad order it while I get a drink from another vendor. I wanted Nestle Ice Tea but they were out so I got Sprite. When I went to my dad he said they were out of Philly so he ordered me a gyro. I must have a curse because both things I ordered were out of order. We went to a table (outside) and then ate. I ate pretty slow, so it was about time when I finished. I hadn't finished my drink, and I wasn't really done with it so I hid it in my jacket. It still was noticeable but the guards never mentioned. This theater is very weird. Each floor is named. These are the one's I remember: Orchestra, and Balcony (out of 8). We got the balcony seats near the top. Even the top seats cost over $100! I actually kind of liked the seating because each row of seats are .... low. You feet is about where the row in front of you's head is, so I liked it. And note: DO NOT TAKE PHOTOS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TOLD BY A WORKER "No flash fotography". I don't know why they don't let you take Fotos. Sorry. But it doesn't really matter because you can just take a fotograph and then get yelled, because you still got a picture. What they really should say is, "No MORE!!!"
Alright, long, detailed story short: It was in Italian because there's no diphthong in that language (because they have to sing, and for example, if you sing "dust", you will say "DUUUUUUUUUU-st." A diphthong is a syllable with more than 2 adjacent vowel sounds.) so it's easy to sing, there's a half time, it's about 2 hours, there was a half time, I was almost like the only kid, and after 30 minutes of the half time I fell asleep, and we know the words because there's a screen caption in front of each seat. I came awake during the encore. If you want to know what this is about then search Nabucco. I now learned that I can more easily italicize by highlighting a word and then press Ctrl+I (for italicize). We all crowded out to leave, and then went to the subway, and then waited 20 minutes, and then I could go to sleep.
2 long, don't bother 2 reed it. Iller, Abcdefg, and those people didn't.

1 comment:

  1. "No more" made me laugh.
    "invisible, invincible" good Vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete