Thursday, June 14, 2012

Memphis, Tennessee TRIP Day 3/5

Day 3! = 6. (3x2x1) For all you math people.
For teh morning, I had teh waffles. But I had too much of teh syrup. I always have too much of teh syrup. I guess meh accuracy ain't good enough because I always pour too much of teh syrup. For chess, we have teh same thing we had the first time: Alexander Stripunsky and Giorgi Kacheishvili.

I think for no reason I usually get answers in Alex's puzzles. He has very interesting puzzles, but in the afternoon with Giorgi, there is ONE where I can remember. I can only remember it because everybody started laughing.
Black to move and win (Hint: Not a checkmate, 2 moves)
I think everyone started laughing because black never castled and no one even noticed. I think it's mainly because it's obvious after you know it and if there were more pieces on the board, but not interfering. Then it was time to go.
Today there was one thing I was looking forward for: Laser Tag Wednesday! Everyone from the chess camp was invited, no expenses paid, though, and starts at 7PM. I am totally going.
If anyone really knows me, I like this game called "Soldierfront", and it's a FPS shooting, so this is like the real life version, except in the dark and with lights and lasers. It was around 20 minutes from our hotel, and we should of gotten there later, because we literally didn't start until 7:45. But it was all worth it when we got inside. First we had to get our 2 cards, give them to this guy, tell him what you want your code name to be, he gives you this stick with your name on it, and then you put a metal part on the stick into a hole on the gun on your laser jacket.  We had to first say a player code that said some safety rules so they won't get sued, like no running. Inside, was like a huge maze. It was huge, yet the space was compact, so no one gets past you without a killing. Each game is around 10 minutes, or 10 minutes exact, and there are two 2nd floor places. That is where a lot of people are, camping there and sniping people, so that's really the only place with action. I would try to just sneak up on the other side, even though we could just exchange fire. There is a bad thing about this: people can just stalk you wherever you go. That's really the only bad thing. Then we got a second play, because I got 2 cards. I think everyone got two. This time, a little less points :(
Oh well, it was worth the excitement, and then after that we went to the hotel and slept.
I was ALPHA, Rank 13. The first game I was 11. So I'm pretty much not good, but not bad, either. I heard MOON PANDA had to betray his unofficial alliance to get high score. 

No comments:

Post a Comment