Today is going to be awesome! We are going to the amusement park and water park! The bad part is that it's one hour away, but it was worth it!
Since we had to get up at 7:30 to get the most out of the park, we decided to eat more fast food. We stopped off many exits, but they were either 2 miles away, or 5 miles. That's kind of crazy, because next to the exit, there were trees, so they should of grouped them together there, instead of the 5 miles away place. We decided to use the iPhone's GPS to find a close one. Sure enough, it was on the next exit. We ate inside, and I had the 2 Sausage Burritos meal (add hash browns and orange juice). I took the hash browns and my unfinished juice in the car to eat. After another quick 30 minutes, we're there!
The park was called Dixie Landin, and the water park was called Blue Bayou. I don't get why they just name it both the same. The parking was $5, and the parking lot was small, probably the size of one part of Six Flags or something. While we were in line, my dad noticed that everyone in line for tickets had soda cans with a $5 discount for the admission. We the people behind us where they got it, but they said they got it at a gas station 1 hour away. Oh well.
While we were at the desk, there was a lady just standing there with cans. We joked around (kind of) and asked if we could have a few cans. She actually gave us some. The tickets categories were Over 48", Under 48", and Seniors (60+). I guess they especially designed the building so they can tell if I am over 4 feet or under. An Over 48" was around $40, so together we were $120 minus $15, so we were around $105. We passed the metal detector, and then we had to cross a bridge, because the park was on the other side of the road. The first thing I saw was the Merry-Go-Round. But, there were curtains on it, so I guess it was closed. While we were going to the water park, we noticed that all the rides were closed. That leaves only 2 answers: They are closed and opening later, or they are bankrupt and are going to destroy the park but they own the electricity site and water site. Anyway...
There's not much to show. The first slide I rode was a tall but short ride, and it was blue. Good to start with. We headed to the black one after that. One of the things you'll notice is that the line is so long, they have to stop the line at the bottom, and then slowly let people go. Another is that the top part of the waiting part shakes, and if you are very careful, you can see someone's puke. I don't think I should of mentioned that. OH WELL! The slide makes a lot of turns, and the slide isn't closed at the top, so you can see. If you lie down, you'll start to go really fast, and if you lie down long enough, you go so fast you can't even lift your head up! That happened to me at one point. This slide is also a duel (but not symmetrical) so you can race your friends. Of course since I don't weigh a lot, I go down the slide slower. The next ride was a double raft or float, so that means it's not going to go that face, but fun! The line was at the bottom of the ride because there wasn't enough floats. But that means the waiting time after that is one float before yours! This ride is closed, so it's kind of dark, but it's kind of old, you can see some sun. Too bad, there isn't any water coming out at the end, like some of the others. It was 12PM, so we decided to go eat something. Specifically my brother, and he saw a Wings stand, so he decided to get some. The stands for almost all the foods and drinks didn't accept cash. they had special ticket stands that sold tickets, and you have to use tickets to buy the food. I don't know why they did that, it just make it look cooler and it's wasting special paper or colored paper. One ticket costs $1, so Wings with 2 sauces and a drink costs $8. That's still highway robbery, but it's worse than hotels! Nah, maybe hotel is worse. A cereal at the hotel is $7!
While we were eating, we were discussing which ride we should take next. The closest one was the toilet bowl, and the ride next to it was a slide where you sit on this yellow object, and it goes probably 70-80 degrees down (almost straight), but at the end, the object bounces on the water and it goes really fast across the water, so it's like your floating! It's kind of like your water skiing, except you're sitting down. At the end, the object stops, and if you don't get off, you will sink. Next, my dad and brother wanted to go to the Toilet Bowl, but I refused, so they went ahead, and I headed for the kiddie place. :)
There were so many water sprayers, and quite a lot of slides, like 4, but riders have to be Under 50"! There's even a lifeguard that measures you if they think you're too tall! The good thing is that the line isn't just stairs, but you have to climb a net! Any age can climb it. Only the slides have a restriction. When my brother and dad came to get me, we decided to go to the wave pool.
While we were in the wave pool, my brother said that if you hold air and go underwater, you can't make your whole body touch the ground, but if you let go of air and then go underwater, you can lay on the ground! Just don't do it too long because either you will actually die, or a lifeguard will think you're drowning and then you get embarrassed. But actually, something around our 4th wave, somebody was probably choking or something, because a life guard came to rescue him. I think he rescued himself, but everybody started clapping. I like clapping, so I also started clapping. Usually the waiting cool down for the wave is around 5-10 minutes, but after the emergency, it took at least 15 minutes. We stayed there a little longer, and we decided to go to the amusement park, because it was now open!
First ride was like a slanted ferris wheel, except your legs fall. It took a long time to start the ride because first of all, not everyone can get on at a time, and second of all, the ferris wheel has to be balanced, so he moves the ride, changes his mind, move it again, and a lot of more things. The only thing I fear of all those rides like a ferris wheel is that the bar falls off, and then I fall to the ground. BUT I survive, instead of dying! Not because I want to die, but I just don't want to experience something like 10 bullets.
Nothing much happened after, I went to another ride that I have no idea how to describe, my brother and dad went to a Wild Mouse roller coaster (the only thing I can describe about it is that the turns don't slant, the turns are small, and it feels like you're going to fall off during the turn), and that's not the name of the ride. There is actually a type of coaster named Wild Mouse, and it's on the Wikipedia. I got really dizzy, so I didn't go on any rides (if I wasn't, we would of probably stayed for another hour), except for Bumper Cars! The bad thing is that all cars have to go in a clockwise direction. You're not forced to, but the staff will tell you to. We headed to the hotel after, and I had to wait 1 hour for the drive.
Because we loved the place we ate yesterday (Deanie's Seafood), we decided to go there again. At the place, I had a hard time selecting a food because I didn't want the Catch of the Day. I ended up with a Po-Boy Shrimp. A Po-Boy (or Poor Boy) is a traditional submarine sandwich from Louisiana. I just noticed that a "sub" sandwich was actually name from "submarine"! I thought it was just to make it look cool.
This time, the food seem to come really quick. Probably because I spent too much time on the shrimp. The shrimp was fried, and it was so big! I could only eat half, and I also forgot to say that I ordered Sweet Potato Fries. This time my food was $16-$17, so it was $10 less. It was very yummy, and a lot of the time I took the flour off the shrimp.
No comments:
Post a Comment