Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada TRIP Day 2/11 (8/5SU/12)


What time is it? Blue Man Group time!! It would just be better if there was a blue moon.
For breakfast, there was a McDonalds on the 2nd floor of our hotel, but we thought that McDonalds was too boring (but yummy), and you can find McDonalds about anywhere. I looked out the window and saw an IHOP (We were on the 17th floor!), so we decided to go there.
While on the way, we saw a guy holding a “Breakfast $3.99”, and we were deciding where to go. We first went to IHOP and saw that there was a line. We put our names on the list, and they said the waiting was going to be 15 minutes. Nah, let’s go to the “Breakfast $3.99” place!
It was called “Aztec Inn Casino” with a casino and “Internet Island” (35 cents per minute, 25 cents PER PAGE!), and to the right of the place (next to the window) was the restaurant. The restaurant was elevated a little higher with the seats, and I ordered a Philly Cheese Combo, although it was $7.99 :(
Included the sandwich, fries, and a drink. I got raspberry tea! Note, that is NOT a carrot in my mouth, it's a fry! They put this seasoning that has an orange color... maybe Greek seasoning.
I just noticed it kind of looks like barf...
My brother got the gyro combo, and my mom ordered coffee. I finished the meal, and then we had to wait for my dad and my grandparents to pick us up, even though the hotel is like, 2 minute walk without traffic. They already left outside to walk and eat or other things, so we decided they will pick us up, and then we leave to visit hotels!
By visit hotels, I mean they actually have places for tourists, and they even encourage you to go with free self parking! We first went to "The Venetian Las Vegas Casino" to get Blue Man Group tickets! Blue Man Group is a show with 3 people painted in blue with blue hands/gloves (not sure), and they wear black shirts and pants.
 They had side seats that totaled to $75 per person, but it has obstructed views, BUT, they said we can upgrade our tickets for the same price, so we did the thing... I personally don't know what they did. I think they get a paper or sign up for something and then get it. Meanwhile, we were taking pictures!


They had a lot of face masks, not sure why.
Later, my brother wanted a penny-throwing contest. We got 2 pennies (my brother 3, because there were 5 pennies total left), and we went up the escalators. We got in front of the waterfall (yes, there was one, I didn't feel like telling you :P), and we tried to get the pennies in this crack on the waterfall. I threw, my brother flicked the penny. We both missed because water hates pennies, they sink it. We used our 2nd penny for a wish, this time throwing down the waterfall, and he used his 3rd and last penny going down the waterfall again.
We left to walk around and kill time for the show, so we went to see fake Venice (fake seems bad, maybe a reproduction), and they even have Gondola rides! That does mean there was a 20 feet wide river in there. It was $16 per person (even though Blue Man Group is $75), so I didn't want to go. Seems boring, they just sing and tell you about real things at fake places (Now I mean fake!).
What I mean by fake, is that they had sky-decorated flat roofs, and they had buildings that didn't have entrances or people living in there, but some did. They were either stores or restaurants. This is a little idea of how you guys might think it looks like:
The bridge, and there is actual dirty water! Okay, maybe not dirty. Some of those buildings are real, like the one that's bright. The clouds you see is the roof. It's extremely obvious it's fake because the temperature in there is at least below 80 degrees.
I don't know why, but a lot of hotels are connected with bridges above the road, and since the Venice place is close to another hotel called "Paris Las Vegas". They have a building outside of their hotel that looks like the Eiffel Tower, but is unclimbable. But, inside, they also have a fake Paris (fake seems bad, maybe a reproduction), and they even have the legs of Eiffel Tower inside, to make it look realistic! It was in the casino, though. I think the place is called "Paris Paris".
We just walked around and visited the places, and then we soon went to Chinatown to eat, it was past lunchtime. This time, we went to another restaurant in this shared building with the same place as the Dim Sum we ate yesterday.
It seems like they only have 2 customers (including us), but I get it, it's past lunchtime. Who would want to mess up their daily routine? Anyway, a good thing about that place is "Buy One Boba Tea, Get One Free!", so we all got a Boba Tea :D
They ordered a fish, meat, eggplant, and 2 of the same dish that I have no idea what it is (PS also rice!). I actually wasn't hungry until after they ordered and the food came (Teehee!). Everyone was tired after a long walk and eat, so we went back to Stratosphere, and took a nap.
THIS IS NOT NAPPING!
Oh my gosh, it's 5:00PM! Only 2 hours until the Blue Man Group! My mom, brother, and I were going to Blue Man Group while my dad and grandparents were going to 2 shows that last about 70 minutes. They started about 30 minutes earlier, so they dropped us off at the Venetian hotel, and they went to their hotel. We were early by 1 hour (Until they accept seating, we had 30 minutes more to wait!), so we decided to walk around again, but this time not in Venice. We walked around stores, casinos, fountains, but after a while, I found a store called "It's Sugar". It was probably like Candyland or something, because they had so much candy! There were huge Gobstopper, Nerds, Pop Rock, etc. packages! They also had a M&M selection like the time I went to New York, a Pick-A-Candy, and so much more!
Pop Rocks, the things that sizzle in your mouth.
Nerds, Laffy Taffy, and Sweet Tarts.
M&M


World's Largest Jawbreaker, although there were like 3, so only one qualifies!
Candy!!! >:)
They also had jawbreakers, so I had to eat a regular one, and see the World's Largest Jawbreaker! Of course, I am not eating it, but you can be my guest. We probably spent most of our time there, and we bought some candy-by-pound, and we left to Blue Man Group.
We were about 30 minutes early, and I got really scared, because since the first 5 rows of people had to wear ponchos, that means they are going to spray something. On both sides, they had people in stop-motion frames, and they had words above that, like warning not to use cameras and strobe lights.
Those little people start spinning, looking like it's really moving on the original spot!
 It's kind of funny, because the penalties were different than usual, like "Please put away all cameras and videos, or else we will have to use the ejection mechanism in your chair", or like "Please turn off all cell phones, cameras, video tapers, [a thing I don't know], [a thing I don't know], or portable fax machines". Also, when there it was said that there was less than 2 minutes (although probably stalled 5 minutes), they started announcing names (that I have no idea if it is fake or real), kind of like "Bob Bobby has a headache. Think of your headache as a cow. Visualize your headache cow. Can you see your headache now? Picture your headache cow grazing a field. Now, kill the cow. Chop it into sections and distribute it to local butchers." or something. The show finally started, and it started with a motorcycle driving across the city (you're the driver, and you're looking at a screen with projector), and then he/she stops at a building. There are 3 windows, and you go up some floors outside. You stop at a point where you see 3 people. They start playing different drums, and after a while, one guy plays the drums while drinking a beverage in a soda glass bottle (like Coke), and then the next time, I think a cucumber. I'll show you some links to Youtube videos (That are illegal!!) that I saw and is fairly similar.
Playing Crazy Train, Fur Elise, and Bad Romance with tubes, and Rock Movements
Drum Bone and Paint Drums<- exact same action, but different positions of things, I think because that video is a tour
Rods and Cones<- this is when the stop-motion frame people start spinning, and when they move really fast, it seems like they are dancing
Advanced Technology
Breakfast Symphony
TV Heads<- this isn't as close, but this is the main idea of what actually happened
Late Arrivals<- Don't be late for Blue Man Group!
Feast<- IMPROV! Sometimes.
Mouth Catching
There are also so much more that I (unfortunately) either forgot, don't know what it's called, or there are no videos. One example was that the Blue Man Group had white signs, each containing different information, and you are to only read one, and if you get it right, you get information. If you get it wrong, it says either "You have chosen the wrong sign", or "The other signs are better", or something like that. And then, the ending finale. It uses a lot of paper, but don't worry, during the scrolling signs, they said the paper used was recycled.
Finale!
PS: It seems boring on the computer, but it is extremely funny live! I've never laughed so hard. Maybe I have, but...
PPS: picture taken with the Blue Man! They said they used to get out of character and talk, but now they just stare at things in wonder, no expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment