Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada TRIP Day 1/11 (8/4SA/12)

10 more posts to go... luckily I wrote the majority of this day on the iPad! It's kind of awkward, because when I started this blog, I've never been out of country, but before I started, we were out of country like crazy.
We took a flight from Huntsville to Forth Worth, Texas at around 6:30AM. Note, not Huntsville, Texas! I sort of know this place (not really) from Railroad Tycoon 3. There was a map that had the whole Texas and parts of Louisiana and stuff. STUFF!
The plane took 1 hour and 20 minutes, so that was quicker than I expected. Well, from Atlanta to China is 14 hours, so I guess..... nothing.
The seats were 2 x 3 per row, and there were 20 rows, so they probably earn $10,000 (say each ticket averages $100) , but then you have to deduct expenses. EYE GOT ME SOME CRANBERRY JOOSE FOR DRINKS!
We arrived at Fort Worth, and we looked for our flight terminal. Actually, my brother and mom have different plane tickets than my grandparents, my dad, and me, so we left 1 hour earlier. Changed terminals, and I started getting out the iPad and my computer. There was a multi-outlet place, unfortunately I was too shy, because there were living human beings!! Dun dun dun
I went with the iPad, and there was no Internet, so I had to use the "Notes" app. That's how I'm writing, and then I copy everything I wrote to my over sized computer. iPhone iPad iPwn iSmack!
We got in the plane ( Yes, in the plane, not on!) and this time I held my iPad in my hand so I can use it whenever, and so I don't have to get it later and make the stranger on my seat connection get up for me every single time I need to do something out of my seat, because both planes has people on the aisle seats, but that's what they're assigned. For some reason, though, I'm always on the "E" seat. The seat goes AB_CDE, so I'm always at the end. Note, the _ means the walkway.
I remember reading an article that said the window person is bad because they tend to go to the bathroom less often on planes, and something happens in life to you.
One thing I noticed was that the 2nd airplane serves the refreshment cart backwards! They started in the back and ended in the front. Maybe there was another cart for first class and STUFF!!
We arrived at Las Vegas, Nevada, and it looks so dry! Kind of reminds me of Railroad Tycoon 3 (again), because on RT3 the dry land has no producers (plastic factory, oil, food, etc). We rented a Dodge van car, but there was one catch: we had to wait a whole hour for my brother and mom! But time never freezes.
We headed to our hotel, and it's very easy to locate, because our hotel is next to this really tall tower that's 110 stories! The hotel is called "Stratosphere". There's one thing you have to get used to, though: casinos! Seems like all the hotels just give you entrance signs to casinos, and no exit signs. But that doesn't prevent anything, you still have your eyes!
We didn't eat anything on the plane except for the sunflower seeds we brought, so we went to a Dim Sum at Chinatown! We ate at a Dim Sum place, and their food was pretty yummy! We had a lot of foods that I don't know, but what I ate were Beef Tripe, Spare Ribs, and Chicken Feet. Yea, I finally started eating Chicken Feet. 
For some reason, my brother said the water was good. I guess it's because of the lemon they put in there.
Our stomach was angry, so we decided to go to Chinatown to eat for dinner, again! It's pretty big, but it's not like China China, where the streets are filled with people selling things. No, instead just Chinese-looking buildings with restaurants. We ate at this "Sichuan" place, and I was so tired! I was awake for 18 hours (not that bad, because I've been awake for 20 hours and wasn't tired, but I was playing games :D), and I wasn't tired, but my eyes were sore.
We got Water Boiled Beef and Tofu, rice, Bok Choy, and Fish *gasp* with bones!! Hot tea for the cold people, or those regular Chinese people. Ice water for the non-Asian tourists if they please. Goodbye!
By the way, if you hate heat, DO NOT COME HERE! It's in a desert, so it's like low 80-90s, high 100-120s!

No comments:

Post a Comment