Friday, October 12, 2012

San Jose, Costa Rica TRIP Day 6/9 (10/10WE/12)

     Well, since we loved horseback riding yesterday so much, my dad and I went zip lining now! The price was $60 per person (yes, kids too), so it was a total of $120. My mom wanted to just stay and watch. We really wanted Roy for one of our zip line guy, but he led the 8AM group. We are 9AM *D:*. The tour was a maximum of 2 hours, so it was physically impossible to have Roy, unless someone proves Albert Einstein wrong, and maybe change the law of physics. Oh well. We had Michael. Michael Angelo. "The famous painter?" you may ask. "Yes." I would reply. "Yes, I am being sarcastic." i would finish. Maybe his first name is just Michaelangelo, but his shirt says Micahel, but maybe Michaelangelo is too long, and people would just say "Mick-cala-neglo", or something that sounds incorrect and awkward. Anyway, we took a tractor, and I noticed he wasn't the only guy with us. There were a total of 4, count them, one, two, four, FOUR people. Does that mean I'm famous? :D
     My mom went with us on the tractor to the top, but she was coming back down. Only my dad and I were going on the zip line.  There were a total of 15 platforms and 13 cables. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE IN THE NAME OF ALBERT EINSTEIN AND NEWTON? If you have only 1 cable, there will be a platform at the top and bottom. That's 2, so we already have 14 platforms. In the middle, a platform will take you to a rest area, and then there will be another platform for the next cable. That's 2 more platforms, so that is a total of 15 platforms.
Before I get into pictures, let me tell you what to do and when. You will wear a harness with 3 hooks and a pulley. The pulley has 3 hook places, and you put the hooks on the pulley. The hooks are what supports you. There is one main hook, and two emergency hooks. Usually, you will put your dominant/strong hand on the cable behind the pulley and the other one on the strings of the hooks. You don't want to put your hand too close to the pulley, or else you will start twisting and going backwards. If you do start twisting, lean back and stuff. If you are going too fast, use your dominant hand and pull down on the cable with the gloves provided. Yea, that's right, you have to wear gloves made of leather. That's full of sweat and smells. It grossed me out...
On one of the cables in the middle, you will have to do either an upside down trick, or no hands. Since this is my first time and I am scared, no hands for me! They actually have a small netbook up there! Oh well, here are pictures.
This is the one where I didn't need to break, so they just told me to put both hands on the strings.
The no hands extreme super stunt. I was also backwards.
The 2nd to last cable one was the longest cable at 2400 feet. The total of all cables was 2 miles, so that cable is already almost 1/4 of the entire length! My guess is that they realized the length of the platforms were too short and not going far down enough, and they just made this one very long. Well, who cares? The breeze felt nice. It also rained during our zip line midway, but it also felt very nice. Time to leave Jaco and to La Fortuna!
     Yep, I totally forgot to say that we were all leaving Jaco to go to La Fortuna, home of a volcano! The only con: 109 miles. That may seem like very little, but there are no 5-lane highways. Only single-lane roads/highways (YES, HIGHWAYS WITH ONE LANE!), and there were so many toll booths on the roads! They vary from 100c-1000c. Remember: greedy is not the best medicine, only laughter is, so to get medicine for the road, laugh as hard as you can! 
     The total trip time took about 4-5 hours. I didn't eat much for lunch (just a hot dog), and I felt like I was literally dying because of being carsick and hungry. Okay, I may be exaggerating, but you get the point. In the nick of time, we found a Burger King! We decided to go there, but my parents were going to eat at another place. It seems like all fast foods added "Pollo", because Burger King had one. I bought that one. My parents found a restaurant to eat at, and I bought my food to that restaurant.
     After paying the bill, we went into the car, and headed to the hotel. Strange, it says the trunk door is not fully closed. We ignored that, and arrived at the hotel. While we were checking in, the staff gave us some red drinks, most likely watermelon juice. The front desk asked for something, and my dad went to go get it in the car. He came back, and he said his briefcase wasn't there. His briefcase with his items in it was gone! A thief is the answer to the mischief. He/She must have some type of pick, because our trunk was locked. Good thing is that our passports and everything to get out of his country is still here. But the things in the briefcase are very important. I won't go into specifics, though. 
     The front desk/check in room wasn't connected to the hotel. The rooms for customers are villas! Your own private villas, for only $80 a night! There are also hot spring pools and regular pools, and complimentary breakfast! After we settled in, my dad decided to go the police. I went with him, and we headed to the Burger King place to ask people to see if they can provide information. They also called the police, and they told us to come to the tourist police station. It was really small, like a small office. My dad filed a report, and we went back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment