Monday, October 15, 2012

San Jose, Costa Rica TRIP Day 7/9 (10/11TH/12)

     "Earli" in the morning, where we go? Shalt we head thither, at the restaurant? We did, yes. And henceforth, I shalt not eat at thy restaurant today. We headed back to the hotel, and we looked around in brochures or commercials, and decided to go to "Arenal Hanging Bridge". La Fortuna is the town, Arenal is the region. So we could be in a Pokemon region and go do gym battles and boast about how strong our Pokemon are! Sadly, "animals" cannot become holographic and go into small Pokeballs. Oh well.
     The hanging bridge place was not so far away (about 30 minutes), and it seems like not a lot of people were there. The majority of cars were tourist vans or buses, so we were probably one of the only ones that didn't have a tour guide and did a self-guide. We bought tickets, went on the trail, gave a person in a booth the tickets, and started off.
This is what all the signs look like before you get to the bridge. Actually, only 6 of the 16 bridges are hanging bridges!
The first hanging bridge was actually the longest, at about 98 meters.
"It is strictly forbidden to jump, swing, or run in any of the bridges." Oops..... 
One of the non-hanging bridges.
     There were also shortcuts that you can take, although NO hanging bridges are available in the shortcuts, but maybe some hanging bridges are left. They're not shortcuts to the end, they're shortcuts for the trail. Also, in the middle, there is a short but steep trail that goes near the waterfall. We took that trail, took some pictures, and went back up and continued the trail. Note: NO SWIMMING, and it's not as clean as Vista Los Suenos. The total length of the trail was 3 km (about 1.6m), which took as about 1 1/2 hour. That's 5,400 seconds! I can't wait that long, although I did. We also found some more hard-working ants:
I created a small hole in the ants' path, and they seem to be crowding everywhere in there...
I also found more ants, and one time, I saw an ant's leg that was as long as a small spider! It was so creepy... like a spider. It was as creepy as a spider...
We left and started for our house, and as we were leaving their property, we found some people near a big lake, a few selling coconut, a few selling canoes. Let's canoe! My mom and I bought some coconut, and I went canoeing with my dad.
If you can barely see the small island at the top left (not the big mountains), that's our goal/destination. 
We headed for the little island, and it was actually farther than I thought. I guess this is how the slaves felt when they tried to cross the huge lake near Michigan or something. We did arrive, though, in about an hour. We paid $20, and we got a double-sided paddle with a canoe for 2 hours. We arrived at the destination at 40 minutes, but it took us longer to get back because we had to fight against the wind and current. It was exciting, like an adventure *:)*. When we came back, we left to go eat at this Chinese place, "Pura Vida". It means "pure life" in a language. The language could possibly be Spanish. We were the only ones, and the waiter couldn't speak English... or even Chinese!! But later, the cook came out of the kitchen, and he was Chinese, so that was a relief. We ordered Mapo Tofu, fish, and meat (both served with vegetables topped with sauce). But the thing that makes Asian food Asian: rice! The Tofu wasn't spicy, so that tasted different, but the fish and meat were so tasty! They also had vegetables in the meat and fish I liked, including peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and other stuff.
 Satisfied, we headed home. We went to the hot springs some time after we got home. Some people say that  hot spring water has nutrients to heal sickness, who knows?
*sizzle* ahh, burning!
It was happy hour when they were serving drinks, so we got 2 drinks for the price of 1! We had this mango thing for $4. I ordered without ron, as they say it (rum/alcohol).
We stayed there for about another hour, and then went to our hotel. We decided to skip dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Fast fact:
    Sometimes, if you don't have anything to write, search writing prompts on the internet, or make one up yourself. Then write as much as you can without stopping.

    ReplyDelete