*Photos may be added later*
Hello! I have a
name! There’s a 99.99% that my name is Simon. Today, we are going to Smoky
Mountains in Tennessee. It’s basically a 5 hour drive, so I should get some 5
Hour Energy! Well I didn’t. So my family left around 9AM and arrived at around
1PM and there was a city with the word “Pigeon” in it! Yay pigeons! The city
was Pigeon Forge, but our house was about 10 minutes away from that. We got to
our 1-story house with 4 bedrooms and a kitchen. We need 4 beds because my
aunt, two cousins, and grandparents are coming with us. There is no internet at
the cabin so we bought a hotspot internet thing. Before, we could get those nice cabins with 2
floors, cable, internet, and it was awesome. We would’ve gone there, if it wasn’t
for other humans booking the cabin before us! Luckily, our apartment is right
next to the busy street.
We didn’t have any plans for today, but we live right next to the busy street. *HINT HINT*
We walked around the main street, admiring and looking for something interesting. It was kind of a like a street in those big cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, except everything is only (at the maximum) 2 floors and no skyscrapers. It’s not that smelly, either. Anyway, we saw a place that seemed interesting, “Guinness: World of Records”. For the admission, apparently, people above 11 are adults. But adults are allowed to drive and all that! My poor cousin, my other cousin and I are both exactly 11 years old. Well not exactly 11. I’m around 11 5/12. That is a repeating number because the denominator is 12, and 12’s prime factorization is 3x2x2 and fractions only terminate when in simplest form and its prime factorization contains only 2s and 5s. So ½ terminates, because … wait, this isn’t math class. Never mind.
So world’s tallest man was at the entrance of the Guinness: World of Records. Not the world’s tallest living man, but tallest man. He was more than8 feet tall! I was around
his knees. I feel short now, but not as short as the world’s shortest man. I feel
sorry for him. Well, enough of the world’s tallest man. Let’s see all the
records! I’m just going to tell you the ones I thought were interesting/noticeable.
Firstly, there was this guy that voluntarily stayed underwater without an
oxygen tank, scuba mask, sandwich, and all those things. He stayed 10 feet
underwater in a pool for 13 minutes! I can’t even stare for 13 minutes. There
was also a record for Smallest Ridden Bicycle. It was around 1 foot long and
like 5 inches tall. I wonder how far they got in that… I also saw that they
never confiscated Armstrong’s false biking awards! There was also Most Parking
Tickets, which this guy got with 2,800 tickets. Next to that was a guy that “took
the law literally”. His divorced wife sued him and he had to split his house,
so he chainsaw-ed his house in half. One half of the house was for him, another
half for his wife. I wonder what record he broke though. I also saw World’s
Fastest Typist: 200 words per minute. So I have written (on this post) 557
words so if he were to copy this, he would finish in less than 3 minutes. Dang
it! My dream of fast typing is over! I can only type up to 50 words per minute
while not using the correct way of typing. My thumbs are flying all over the
keyboard. Oh well. Next record, World’s Shortest Abbreviation: L.A. (Los
Angeles) You can search the actual name for Los Angeles. It is 55 letters!
World’s Most Valuable Painting: Mona Lisa. I bet Vincent Van Gogh would wish he
was alive right now. He could be a multi-millionaire or even a billionaire! That’s
pretty much all I saw. We went through the exit, got some Hot Chocolate, and went home.
Ober Gatlinburg website HERE!!
We didn’t have any plans for today, but we live right next to the busy street. *HINT HINT*
We walked around the main street, admiring and looking for something interesting. It was kind of a like a street in those big cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, except everything is only (at the maximum) 2 floors and no skyscrapers. It’s not that smelly, either. Anyway, we saw a place that seemed interesting, “Guinness: World of Records”. For the admission, apparently, people above 11 are adults. But adults are allowed to drive and all that! My poor cousin, my other cousin and I are both exactly 11 years old. Well not exactly 11. I’m around 11 5/12. That is a repeating number because the denominator is 12, and 12’s prime factorization is 3x2x2 and fractions only terminate when in simplest form and its prime factorization contains only 2s and 5s. So ½ terminates, because … wait, this isn’t math class. Never mind.
So world’s tallest man was at the entrance of the Guinness: World of Records. Not the world’s tallest living man, but tallest man. He was more than
Ober Gatlinburg website HERE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment