Monday, October 7, 2013

Toronto, Canada TRIP Day 1/9

10/4/13
So on October 4, 2013, it was a special day because I have added 2 more plane flights to my record… of plane flights. We are going to Canada! Home of the maple syrup and “zed”.

     We have two planes that will eventually take us to our destination: Buffalo, New York. We are flying US Airways, which is an airline I have never heard of. The first plane took us from Huntsville, Alabama, to Charlotte, North Carolina. The second took us from Charlotte, North Carolina, to Buffalo, New York! Yay, buffalo! I expect McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, and all the other fast food restaurants to serve buffalo wings, or for Buffalo Wild Wings to be more common. After all, it's Buffalo! New York.
     We arrive at Buffalo, and it is like midnight. You know what that means!
10/5/13
Nothing really. I just have to add a date. So since we have 5 people here (dad, mom, grandparents), we rented a Toyota van! It fits 7 people in it. Even though a regular SUV or something could fit us all, we are having a visitor (my 20-year-old cousin that goes a college in Toronto), so I guess it is necessary. We headed off Caravan Inn, a hotel in Canada! That's right, we are driving into another country... which means we have to go through customs. However, it was not that complicated. America and Canada is separated by a ~100M bridge, so we were ON the border! But it's not like we were on the four corners of Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico.
     If you want to head outside of America, first you have to pay a $10 fee. You cross the bridge, and then you go are forced to stop at another toll booth, but instead of taking cash, they take IDs. You have to show them your passports and then answer a series of questions. After that, welcome to Canada! Home of the maple syrup and "zed". Actually, it seems like only America says "zee".
     So back to the Caravan Inn, and like I said, it was already midnight, so we settled in and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment