Saturday, October 6, 2012

San Jose, Costa Rica TRIP: Day 1/9 (10/5FR/12)

     Ooh, yay, finally out of country! So on Friday, we went out of town. We stayed out of town for 8 days, and left on Friday. How is this possible? I don't know. Law of physics. Don't ask me, ask the table next to you. So we [finally] are using Delta as our airplane flight! No, not the Delta Squad, this is not war. Also, since my brother just left for the UCLA college at late September (he starts school about 1 month after others), I'm the only child! No, not the only child on earth, that would be scary, but that would be cool! Anyway, I had to leave school during lunch at 12 in the noon to get ready for the 2PM flight to Atlanta. So I did stuff for 2 hours, and while I was waiting for boarding, my parents and I noticed 3 kids (2 families) in Randolph on the same flight! ...........what? That's all I have to say, except for this: the flight did not pass out drinks :(
     We arrived at Atlanta, and our Costa Rica flight left at 5PM of Atlanta time. This time, there were drinks! The plane also had quite a couple of empty seats, so it would be very nice if the flight was overnight, I can claim the entire row mine! While in the flight, I was doing math, and this time, there were drinks! I got Cranberry thingy-ma-jig made from Minute Maid, and the best part is: there is even snacks! Oh wait, that's not the best part! The even "bester" part is that you get to choose your snack! *gasp* Peanuts, pretzels, or cookies. I got cookies, and they even had "DELTA" and their logo engraved on the cookie! Well, actually they cut down on the other parts, so the "DELTA" and the logo was standing out. The flight was 4 hours, and it was dark as dark outside. We got our visa, our luggage, and went to our rent-a-car place. Bad thing is that Costa Rica's law are horrible for tourists (sort of): if you get into an accident, no matter your fault of their fault, you always have to pay the other person because polices don't care and you have to go to court. Also, they don't accept our insurance! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE; I WANT MY MONEY BACK! >:(
Too late, we are already in Costa Rica!
     We drove to our hotel, Ramada, and on the outside, it looks real dirty (probably of the construction), but on the inside, beautiful! Well, sort of. The hotel was kind of like a regular inside hotel, and they chopped holes in the middle, and where the sunlight is, they put plants. So it's kind of like a really big hotel, and some of it covered by a really big overhead tent, or whatever. But don't worry, your rooms are 100% roofs, so no need to worry of birds pooping on your luggage!
We walked around, and the brochure makes the hotel look very nice. They have 3 pools, and one is like a shallow beach with underwater chairs next to tables! Those were really cool. There was also a bar in the middle, so you can just order something and ... CHILLAX! Too bad there were no water slides, though D:
We also went outside and walked to the mall across the highway with a bridge, and my parents ordered at "Steak and Barbecue" something something, and my dad ordered something in Spanish, and my mom ordered steak kebabs. First thing you need to know, though, is your prices. I think the rate we got at the airport is 1USD for 430 "Colones". You want to make sure you don't buy a "Yellow Fellow" for 7,000 Colones. Also, for some of the people, instead of using a comma, they use a period.
So, that's all I did in about 14 hours, maybe more, and I went to sleep. Not in the pool, though.

This is possibly the possible hotel we might be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment