Today we... well... first things first, we don't want to die! We ate complimentary breakfast! Oh, I forgot to tell you, this hotel we are staying in is 4 stars, yet complimentary breakfast! This hotel is the best 4 stars ever! Maybe. Possibly. It could be the best deal for a 4 star hotel. Maybe. Well, for breakfast, I ate this beef thing that I have no idea what it's called, and I also made my own sandwich! Bread, ham, cheese, bread. Ta-da! A horrible sandwich, topped with a spoiled cherry on top. Added with a weird sweet beverage that is the color green.
We drove our car about 30 minutes away from our hotel, and we parked around the center of San Jose. The hourly rate for parking is something that's too hard to turn from Colones to USD. We just walked around, and after 5 minutes, we bought some drinks. I got Powerade, and my mom got water. After 5 MORE minutes, I saw birdies! *Pigeons* There were also people selling corn kernels in a bag. One bag is 100c, so we bought 5 packs for 500c. Time go handout brunch!
We used 3 of the 5 packs, and then we walked around some more, and went to the "Teatro Nacional" museum. Nothing much, just a dance that you can join that night for money. Went out, and WALKED even more, until we saw 3 clowns saying Spanish things I can't understand, and we decided to watch. While my parents were watching, I decided to feed some birds near a fountain. These ones were brave; after a few feeds, if I just put just ONE kernel on my finger in the air, at least one will come immediately. The only bad thing is that birds don't play piano or an instrument; they don't have to cut nails. Ouch! (although they do sing, it has nothing to do with their talons...)
It was getting close to lunch, so we headed to "Mercado Central". We walked around, and decided to eat this this....place. It was called "Soda Los Angeles". Soda roughly translates into like a fast food restaurant, but family owned. Los Angeles is a type of grass. JK.
The people were speaking in Spanish, so it was sort of hard to order our food. We had to point to the menu, and we had no idea what the drinks were. But, I guess a picture is worth a billion words! Or was a picture worth 0.0000001 of a word?
![]() |
| I ordered Steak and Onions, but I didn't know that there was more, like fried bananas, coleslaw, a tomato, chips, etc... |
The majority of everything was in Spanish, but the good thing is that the staff speaks 2 languages! The castle was actually really big. Now, this is too hard to explain, but this was like a bunch of [sort of] random things.
![]() |
| If you have 2 bottles stuck together with water in the bottle, then if you shake the bottle, the water will become a tornado! This has not been a Mentos + Diet Coke production. |
![]() |
| I think this is self-explanatory. |
![]() |
| Everything about space/NASA/rockets. |
![]() |
| Bubbles! |
![]() |
| And ended the day with a game of chess :) |
We drove home, used the computer, barely swam in the cold pool, ate dinner at Steak & Barbecue... (KEBABS!)
and went to sleep.











No comments:
Post a Comment